Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm back!

To everyone following my blog, first off THANK YOU! Second, I'm sorry I've been neglecting. I've been putting most of my focus into The Crohn's Disease Support Network (CDSN), and haven't had a chance to blog.

Things have been alright for the most part. Restarted Humira 2 weeks ago. Last week was great. On Sat Oct 3rd went to a TINY amusement park with my 5yr old nephew, my father and his girlfriend. Had a wonderful time, bonding with him and riding the rides.

Crohn's wise, the Humira has decreased my nausea and pain, but my appetite has become zilch. There are days where I will just plain forget to eat. Thanks to wonderful friends, I'll get a reminder..but some days I will never get hungry. It's my bodies defense mechanism. It knows ingesting food can cause symptoms to worsen. This is a big thing with Crohn's patients. Between nausea lack of appetiy e and malnourishment - I can blink and lose 2lbs. The doctor had me change from Ensure to Ensure PLUS to help maintain healthy weight. It is also CHALK FULL of nutrients I can't ingest any other way.

Thanks to everyone who is continuing to follow my journey with Crohn's, and supporting the CDSN! I am truly amazed and humbled that in just two weeks almost 100 members on CDSN. Keep spreading the word!

Hope everyone has a banging healthy weekend!

-Jason

2 comments:

  1. Jason I am sorry you are having to deal with this disease. I am battling colitis since i was 18 adn has been very hard to deal with the colitis and be a single mom. My other have was just diagnosed with crohns. He has served in the Navy since just after 9/11 and some of his duties have noe been restricted. We are very deticated now in doing our part to raise awareness and find a cure. We ahve entered into the team challange. We are getting a late start and now he has now been sent back to asia. he will be back in time for the run but now i am doing all the fundraising myself. Can you help me spread the word??? I could really use the help. http://www.active.com/donate/lv09northtexas/vegas09SCraig1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I can't imagine being a parent and living with Crohn's or Colitis. I have a cat and he is enough of a responsibility! I have added your sons team challenge site to the Crohn's Disease Support Network. (Even though it's for Crohn's...knowing how similar Colitis can be to some extent) I invite you BOTH to join http://crohnsdiseasesupport.ning.com/
    I created it about 2wks ago, and the out reach has been humbling and cathartic; almost 100 members. If you go to the CDSN and check out the "websites and blogs" you will see Craig's site listed under it. Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog, and I hope to help ;Jin any way I can. -J

    ReplyDelete